Joe Barresi is an Olympia punk that moved up here from San Diego a few years back. He is currently in 4 (yup, you read right, FOUR) amazing bands: playing bass in Disparate and We Play Quiet, drums in Dreams Dean, and guitar in a new project that is yet to be named and released into the world.
Joe is one of the most genuine people I know. Super friendly, smart, and bridges the gaps between the different little pockets of D.I.Y. music that happen in Olympia.
Here are five albums he liked in 2012, in no particular order:
1. Swearin’ – S/T LP (Salinas)
Best pop punk of 2012. Most content I’ve been with an at-show LP purchase in a while, soundtrack of the summer.
2. Nü Sensae – Sundowning (Suicide Squeeze)
Killer. Best live show of the year.
3. Tragedy – Darker Days Ahead (Tragedy Records)
The kings of American D-beat’s prophesy of what’s to come.
4. Godspeed You! Black Emperor – ‘Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend! (Constellation)
. . . . . (speechless)
5. Crazy Spirit – S/T LP (Toxic State)
Best hardcore on the eastern seaboard. Riff factory.