Pat Maley is best known for the Yo Yo a Go Go festivals that used to happen in Olympia, WA. He also recorded a bazillion of the bands you love at the Capitol Theater and other live shows as part of Yo Yo Recordings. Pat is a drummer and has played with everyone from Lois Maffeo to the Lincoln Elementary Parent Band.
All of Pat’s ADATs and reels of amazing bands are currently parked in my basement… Lync, Fugazi, Crayon, Karp, Unwound, Beat Happening, etc..
Pat’s “top five” punk list for 2011 (in no particular order):
- the Hysterics at Micro Fest,
- Knot Pine Box at Micro Fest,
- playing drums with Eleanor Murray at Micro Fest,
- Box and the Taxpayers at Foote Street House in November,
- my buddy Frank and his show Campfire Island
(and how he is always right there ready to help whenever I see him plus he is so good and real with his kids),
- my new pal Cade Taylor, she is punk and loveliness all rolled into one.